The Centro italiano di cultura Fabrizio De André Sanremo is the only school in Sanremo who can certificate your skills through the international exam CILS. We are a branch of the University of Siena since 2012, the only accredited center in the province. In our center you won't find just Italian language courses but also you will be able to certify it!
The CENTRO ITALIANO DI CULTURA FABRIZIO DE ANDRE' SANREMO is the only Centre accredited from the University of Siena due to the highly qualified resumes of teachers and experience.
The CILS certification is a qualification issued by the university which declares the level of linguistic and communicative competences in Italian as a foreign language according to the rules written by the Common European Framework of Reference for languages.
The CILS offers an wide range of levels and uses that correspond to increasingly ample degrees of competence and to different social contexts of language use.
level A1, level A2, level ONE-B1, level TWO-B2, level THREE-C1, level FOUR-C2.
For levels A1, A2 and B1, CILS also offers modules for different types of participants:
- A1 and A2 module for integration in Italy, aimed for those who already live and work in Italy;
- A1 and A2 for children aged 8 to 11 years who are in educational contexts in Italy and abroad
- A1 and A2 for teenagers, between 12 and 15 years old;
- B1 for teenagers between 14 and 18 years old;
The exams take place at the Centro italiano di cultura Fabrizio De André Sanremo in the day decided, years by years, by the University. The exam administrators are trained by the University of Siena.
The CILS Centre organizes training courses on language testing and assessment.
Fabio Boero, director of the Centro italiano di cultura Fabrizio De André, is a member of EALTA (European Association for Language Testing and Assessment).
Our center organize special courses made to help you going through CILS exam. The courses are organized before the exam.
Why certificate your competence in Italian?
- guarantees the assessment of your competence in Italian as a foreign language: all our exams are aligned with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) – the international standard for describing language ability
- is chosen each year by thousands of foreigners, young people and adults, in Italy and abroad,; the exams open doors to higher education, such as enrolment at Italian universities, to visa and residence permit, improve employment opportunities, and increase choice for study or work, and can be used in any further area in which a certain level of proficiency in the Italian language is required
- exams are held at exam centres which have been carefully examined and selected according to standards of quality and transparency and continuously monitored.